The crisp weather and beautiful foliage this time of year just begs us to get outside and be active.
There are a lot of options during the fall season to stay busy and enjoy the beautiful weather. Here are a list of things you can find in your area to do this autumn:
- Walk through a pumpkin patch or corn maze
- Go apple picking
- Have fun a fall festival or haunted house
- Take a hike or walk through your favorite park
- Collect colorful leaves or pine cones to do arts and craft or just display
- Participate in or cheer at a marathon or 5K. Here is a link to find one in your area: http://www.runningintheusa.com/Race/Default.aspx
- Fly a kite
- Yard work – plant bulbs for spring or rake and jump in a leaf pile!
Try this baked apple recipe – delicious and healthy way to use those apples you picked!
Easy Delicious Baked Apples (Serves 4)
- 2 large apples
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees
- Cut the apples in half. Remove the core and seeds with a small spoon or knife. Place the apples in an ovenproof baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, cinnamon and nutmeg. Spoon this mixture into the centers of your apple halves. Pour water into the baking dish.
- Bake apples for 40-45 minutes, or until apples are tender.
- Serve warm. May serve with plain or vanilla yogurt and a drizzle of maple syrup.
116 Calories 23g Carbohydrates
3g Fiber 1g Protein
For more healthy tips visit us at https://figureweightloss.com