May is National Fitness Month
Warmth and sunshine are finally here, so it’s time to get moving!
In this video you will meet Ashley Roeding, APRN. She will explain the importance of water and exercise when it comes to your weight loss journey.
When you are setting goals for exercise, start small and be realistic. Here are some tips for success:
- Plan time for exercise into your schedule.
- At first, your goal might be to take a brisk walk for 15 minutes, 3 days a week.
- After a month, increase your workouts by 5 minutes.
- Work gradually toward the goal of 30-60 minutes of exercise 5 days a week, with strength training twice a week.
- Mix things up. Try an aerobic dance class, join a group workout at a nearby park, or look for workout videos online.
Don’t have time to exercise? You can still benefit from incorporating physical activity into your lifestyle. Do this by finding ways to increase your physical activity throughout the day:
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Park at the far end of the parking lot.
- Pace around while you’re on the phone.
- Walk laps around the field or court while you watch your child’s game.
Here’s a few quick references to help you get moving!
Quick 100 Calorie Burn
Stair Workout Challenge