The crisp weather and beautiful foliage this time of year just begs us to get outside and be active.
There are a lot of options during the fall season to stay busy and enjoy the beautiful weather. Here are a list of things you can find in your area to do this autumn:
- Walk through a pumpkin patch or corn maze
- Go apple picking
- Have fun a fall festival or haunted house
- Take a hike or walk through your favorite park
- Collect colorful leaves or pine cones to do arts and craft or just display
- Participate in or cheer at a marathon or 5K. Here is a link to find one in your area: http://www.runningintheusa.com/Race/Default.aspx
- Fly a kite
- Yard work – plant bulbs for spring or rake and jump in a leaf pile!
Try this baked apple recipe – delicious and healthy way to use those apples you picked!
Easy Delicious Baked Apples (Serves 4)
- 2 large apples
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees
- Cut the apples in half. Remove the core and seeds with a small spoon or knife. Place the apples in an ovenproof baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, cinnamon and nutmeg. Spoon this mixture into the centers of your apple halves. Pour water into the baking dish.
- Bake apples for 40-45 minutes, or until apples are tender.
- Serve warm. May serve with plain or vanilla yogurt and a drizzle of maple syrup.
116 Calories 23g Carbohydrates
3g Fiber 1g Protein
Figure Weight Loss is a great way to lose weight. The physician assisted diet pill plan is a great start to achieving the “new you.” In addition, exercise is an essential part of losing weight and staying healthy. As you lose weight you find that you have more energy. Use this energy to benefit those in need. Take part in a charity walk/run and support a great cause. Walk/runs offer exercise and are a wonderful opportunity for the entire family to be fun and healthy. Here are some walk/runs for the upcoming month:
Running Scared 5k
Help support youth education in the Cincinnati Valley area by running or walking this flat 3.1 mile course. Participants are encouraged to wear costumes and are invited to the post race party for live music, food and drinks. Click on the link above for more details.
Cincinnati Walks for Kids
Spend the day at fun filled Coney Island and help support one of the best hospitals in the country. Walk in the morning and then enjoy face painting, music, five classic Coney Island rides and plenty of refreshments that the whole family will enjoy. Cincinnati Children’s is a nonprofit hospital and research center that relies on the generosity of great people like you. Sign up today!
Loop for Lana 5k walk/run
Proceeds benefit the Elana Brophy Memorial Scholarship Fund and CureSearch – National Childhood Cancer Research Foundation. Enjoy a scenic walk or run through Northern Kentucky and support a great cause! Catering and live music to follow the race. Don’t forget to order your race shirt!
Run Like Hell
Choose your costume and get ready to run! Cincinnati’s Halloween tradition benefits the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. This 5k race features free food and drinks, cheap beer, live music and prizes for the most creative costumes. Entry fee goes up the closer it gets to race day, so sign yourself or team up today!