Zesty Lime Grilled Chicken with Pineapple Jalapeno Salsa
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lime zest
- 1 Tbsp lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup grilled pineapple
- 1 cup grilled corn (removed from cob)
- 1 Tbsp jalapeno, finely diced
- 1/3 cup shallots, finely diced
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Preheat grill to 400˚F.
- If your chicken breasts are thick, butterfly them and add to a gallon-sized zip-top bag. Gently pound chicken using the soft side of a mallet. You will want chicken to be about ¼-inch thick.
- Add chicken, olive oil, lime juice, lime zest, garlic, chopped cilantro, salt and pepper to a gallon-sized zip-top bag.
- Zip the bag closed and massage the chicken making sure it is evenly coated in the marinade.
- Allow chicken to marinate for 20-25 minutes before grilling.
- Dice grilled pineapple into small, evenly sized cubes.
- Add pineapple, jalapeno, shallots, red pepper, grilled corn, lime juice and salt to mixing bowl and stir gently until well combined. Set aside.
- Carefully place a sheet of foil on the heated grill and place chicken on foil. Grill for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove from grill and arrange chicken on a platter. Top with pineapple jalapeno salsa and garnish with crushed peanuts and sliced green onions.
- Serve over mixed greens or with grilled vegetables on the side.
For the chicken
For the salsa
Net Carbs: 14g