Being physically active helps control your weight. You gain weight when the calories you burn, including those burned during physical activity, are less than the calories you eat or drink. Start slowly when your starting off your work out regimen. You can gradually increase your physical activity each week by a few minutes or higher intensity. There are so many health benefits to attribute to working out regularly.
Working out helps increase your chances of living a longer life. See the list of benefits below from https://www.cdc.gov/physicalactivity/basics/pa-health/index.htm
- Control your weight
- Reduce Your risk of Cardiovascular Disease
- Reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes
- Reduce your risk of some cancers
- Strengthen your bones and muscles
- Improve your mental health
- Improve your ability to perform daily activities
Everyone can gain the health benefits of physical activity – age, ethnicity, shape or size do not matter.