Crockpot Recipe: Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 4 large bell peppers (any color)
- 1 lb. ground beef/turkey/chicken
- ½ cup chopped mushrooms, fresh or canned
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup cooked brown rice or quinoa
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups low-sodium broth (vegetable, chicken or beef)
Optional toppings; fresh cilantro, guacamole, salsa, plain greek yogurt
- Cut the tops off of peppers and remove seeds and ribs from inside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, cooked rice, diced tomatoes and seasonings.
- Pour broth in the bottom of the slow cooker and turn slow-cooker to low or high setting.
- Fill peppers completely with ground meat mixture. Transfer peppers to slow-cooker, cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours or on low for 8 hours.
- Serve stuffed bell peppers and top with desired toppings.
- Calories: 246
- Protein: 27g
- Carbs: 20g
- Fiber: 4g
- Net Carbs: 16g