Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Number of Servings: 16
- 3 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 18 corn tortillas, medium
- 3 cups enchilada sauce
- 5 cups Colby and Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup onions Chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil the chicken in water until done. Drain & chop into small pieces.
- Spray a 13×9″ pan with cooking spray.
- Dip tortillas in the enchilada sauce one at a time, making sure they are completely covered with sauce.
- Layer covered tortillas in the bottom of the pan, it should take six.
- Add a layer of chicken, onion & cheese. You don’t want the tortillas to be completely covered with any one of the ingredients but you should put about half of the chicken & onion & about 1/3 of the cheese.
- Add another layer of the tortillas dipped in sauce.
- Press down gently all over the pan.
- Add the remaining chicken, onion and cheese mixture.
- Add remaining layer of tortillas dipped in sauce & press down gently again all over the pan.
- Add the remaining cheese on the top.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, until cheese is bubbly, starting to brown and the casserole is hot all the way through.
- Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 268.7
- Total Fat: 10.7 g
- Cholesterol: 69.4 mg
- Sodium: 731.7 mg
- Total Carbs: 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.3 g
- Protein: 25.8 g
Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Rich macaroni and cheese explodes with flavor for two-thirds of the dish’s usual fat content.
- Minutes to Prepare: 18
- Minutes to Cook: 40
- Number of Servings: 8
- 12 oz. uncooked macaroni, elbow-type
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 12 oz. fat-free evaporated milk
- 8 oz. low-fat cheddar or Colby cheese, shredded
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. table salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp. dried bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions without added fat or salt; drain and transfer to a large bowl. While pasta is still hot, stir in sour cream; set aside.
- Heat milk in a small saucepan over medium heat until tiny bubbles appear just around the edges (known as scalding). Reduce heat to low, add cheese and simmer until cheese melts, stirring constantly with a wire whisk, about 2 minutes; remove from heat and stir in mustard, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Add cheese mixture to pasta; mix well. Transfer to a 3-quart casserole dish.
- Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese; sprinkle over pasta.
- Bake until top is golden, about 30 minutes. Yields about 1 cup per serving
- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 165.7
- Total Fat: 4.7 g
- Cholesterol: 14.8 mg
- Sodium: 438.3 mg
- Total Carbs: 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.6 g
- Protein: 13.2 g
Hearty Veggie-Filled Beef Stew
- 1 lb. top round beef
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 8 red-skinned potatoes, halved
- 3 cups finely chopped onion
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large carrots, peeled, cut into very thin 2-1/2-inch strips
- 2 bunches mustard greens, kale, or turnip greens, stems removed, (1/2 lb. each) coarsely torn
- as needed nonstick spray coating
- Partially freeze beef. Thinly slice across the grain into long strips 1/8″ thick and 3″ wide.
- Combine paprika, oregano, chili powder, garlic powder, black pepper, red pepper, and dry mustard. Coat strips of meat with the spice mixture.
- Spray a large heavy skillet with nonstick spray coating. Preheat pan over high heat.
- Add meat; cook, stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, onion, broth, and garlic. Cook covered, over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Stir in carrots, lay greens over top, and cook, covered, until carrots are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Serve in large serving bowl, with crusty bread for dunking.
- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving about one cup
- Calories: 384.7
- Total Fat: 14.0 g
- Cholesterol: 83.6 mg
- Sodium: 396.1 mg
- Total Carbs: 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.7 g
- Protein: 43.7 g