Here are some tips to get you started
- Eat a healthy breakfast. Include grains and fruits. Try a high-fiber cereal with low fat milk and sliced bananas.
- Eat 3 meals a day (breakfast, lunch, & dinner) that are 300 calories each, and 2 snacks in between that are both 150 calories.
- Get in protein from a less complicated source, such as nuts and grains.
- Choose low fat dairy products, lean white meats or wild fish if animal products are desired.
- Choose a variety of fruits and vegetables that are deep in color, such as the dark orange of a carrot or the deep green of spinach. They contain more nutrients.
- Avoid processed food as it contains ingredients that have been changed from their natural state. These unnatural foods are difficult for your body to get rid of.
- Drink plenty of clean water to aid in flushing toxins and the waste products of natural cell metabolism.
- Gradually wean from large portions to achieve a healthy weight.
- Keep a positive attitude focusing on long term results.