Dietitian Selected Recipe:
Grilled Veggie Kebabs. Serves 6
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into chunks
- 1 zucchini, sliced into thick rounds
- 1 yellow zucchini, sliced into thick rounds
- Soak skewers in water for at least 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, oregano and basil; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Thread mushrooms, tomatoes, bell peppers, onion and zucchini onto 6 pre-soaked skewers.
- Brush olive oil mixture onto the skewers and let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Grill over medium high heat, about 5-6 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately as part of a balanced meal.
Net Carbs: 7g