Grilled Salmon Selected By Our Registered Dietitians
A heart healthy recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon fillets
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1tsp lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tblsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tblsp soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- salt to taste (optional)
1. Stir together lemon juice, lemon zest, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and olive oil in a 9×13-inch glass baking dish until sugar is dissolved, about 2 minutes. Place fish flesh side down in mixture and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil grate.
3. Place salmon on preheated grill and discard marinade.
4. Cook salmon until fish flakes easily with a fork, 6 to 8 minutes.