Celebrate 4th of July!
Healthy Recipe Recommendations Selected by our Registered Dietitians
3 Bean Salad with Grilled VegetablesServes 8
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 3 ears corn, shucked
- 1 medium white onion, cut into ¼-inch slices
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 (15 oz) can no-salt-added pinto beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 (15 oz) can no-salt-added black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 (15 oz) can no-salt-added kidney beans, rinsed & drained
- 2 avocados, diced & peeled
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place tomatoes in a large bowl, and sprinkle with ½ tsp salt. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Brush corn, onion, and jalapeño evenly with oil. Place vegetables on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill corn for 12 minutes or until lightly charred, turning after 6 minutes. Grill onion slices and jalapeño 8 minutes or until lightly charred, turning after 4 minutes. Let vegetables stand 5 minutes.
- Cut kernels from cobs. Coarsely chop onion. Finely chop jalapeño. Add corn, onion, and jalapeño to tomato mixture; toss well. Add cilantro, lime juice, beans and remaining ½ tsp salt to corn mixture; toss well and top with avocado just prior to serving.
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- 2 tsp sugar
- ¼ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 15 frozen mini phyllo cups (1.9 oz package)
- 15 blueberries
- 15 raspberries
- Beat cream in a small bowl until soft peaks form. Add sugar; beat until stiff. Fold in yogurt.
- Divide the yogurt cream among phyllo cups, keeping the cups in their plastic tray.
- Top each with 1 blueberry and 1 raspberry. Serve immediately, or chill for up to 4 hours.