Grilled Chicken with Summer Squash
Minutes to Prepare: 10 min.
Minutes to Cook: 15 min.
Number of Servings: 4
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 (about 1 1/4 pounds) medium chicken thighs, skinless and boneless
- 4 (about 6 ounces each) medium yellow summer squash, each cut lengthwise into 4 wedges, substitute zucchini
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh chives, snipped
- Grilled lemon slices, for garnish
- From lemon, grate 1 tablespoon peel and squeeze 3 tablespoons juice. In medium bowl, whisk together lemon peel and juice, oil, salt, and pepper; transfer 2 tablespoons to cup.
- Add chicken thighs to bowl with lemon-juice marinade; cover and let stand 15 minutes at room temperature or 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, prepare charcoal fire or preheat gas grill for covered direct grilling over medium heat.
- Discard chicken marinade. Place chicken and squash on hot grill rack. Cover grill and cook chicken and squash 10 to 12 minutes or until juices run clear when thickest part of thigh is pierced with tip of knife and squash is tender and browned, turning chicken and squash over once and removing pieces as they are done.
- Transfer chicken and squash to cutting board. Cut chicken into 1-inch-wide strips; cut each squash wedge crosswise in half.
- To serve, on large platter, toss squash with reserved lemon-juice marinade, then toss with chicken and sprinkle with chives. Garnish with grilled lemon slices.
- Amount Per Serving 4
- Calories: 255
- Total Fat: 8 g
- Cholesterol: 101 mg
- Sodium: 240 mg
- Total Carbs: 8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 29 g
Grilled Veggies with Pineapple
Number of Servings: 6
- 1 Cup diced potato (peeled or unpeeled)
- 1 Cup chopped bell pepper (any color)
- 1 Cup chopped raw mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 Cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 Can pineapple chunks in natural juices
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. chopped garlic
- 2 tsp. dill weed
- 1 tsp. celery salt or celery seed
- 1 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder (optional)
- 1 1/2 tsp. onion powder (optional)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
**Different vegetables and spices can be substituted based on preference and availability**
- Chop the vegetables into similar sized chunks.
- Place all ingredients in large bowl. Do not drain pineapple.
- Mix, then drain all liquids.
Option 1 — place vegetables in grill-safe roasting pan and place on grill. Cook on medium high heat. Stir every 5-10 minutes until tender.
Option 2 — place vegetables on heavy duty aluminum foil sprayed lightly with Pam. Fold aluminum foil into a sealed pouch and place on grill. Cook on medium heat. Turn over every 5 minutes for 20 – 25 minutes. (Is usually done by the time your meat is done)
Place vegetables in roasting pan. Bake at 350 degrees. Stir every 10 minutes until tender.
- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving 6
- Calories: 135.2
- Total Fat: 7.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 406.6 mg
- Total Carbs: 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.7 g
- Protein: 2.2 g