We know we do not have to expose our bodies so maybe we eat a little more or exercise a little less. Here are a few tips to help you whip your body back into bathing suit shape in no time!
- Drink lots of water: Water hydrates the skin and makes it appear smooth and supple which is what we want when we bare it all.
- Fiber: Eat a bowl of oatmeal with strawberries or bananas in the morning or a high fiber, low sugar cereal with skim milk. This will help you fee full all day and aid in losing those few pounds that will make you bikini beautiful.
- Salad: Eats lots of salad. Top your greens with a light sprinkling of cheese or nuts for taste and use a spray on dressing. People tend to use less with these.
- Consider including in your diet those kinds of food that boost your metabolism. One of the best metabolism boosters are peppers. You could have them with other kinds of food, or by themselves if you are daring enough. As a snack you could have a grapefruit, berries or prunes and plums. Just don’t forget not to have too much prunes because they work as laxative as well.
- Do 30 minutes of aerobics at least 3 times per week. Cross train to get all body parts. Ride a bike day one, dance or aerobics day 2, step machine or fast walk day 3.
- Add 20 minutes of weight training 2 times a week. Squats work the body from top to bottom. Put feet shoulder width apart, holding weights behind the head and resting on your shoulders. Squat down as if you are sitting in a chair and come back up. When you return to starting position, flex your buttocks. If you don’t have weights, you can do this exercise with nothing. Do 10-20 every strength workout.
- Crunches are terrific for the abdominal area. This really counts in a bikini. Lay on your back with hands behind head for support. Lift your head up while looking straight up at a spot over your head. Pull up till you feel your abdominals contract. Do 20-50 per workout.